Thursday, November 26, 2009

Artists I'm Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Today Hillary Wanted to share some artists she's thankful for:

Amanda Palmer - She's an amazing musician, She encourages other artists and she seems to know almost no bounds. Seeing all of her crazy creativity actually producing positive results is one of the things that keeps me going in life. If I'm a foul mood, her music cheers me up; if I'm in a creative slump, her twitpics of crowdsurfing and her face covered in glitter or her arm covered in messages to fans remind that any crazy thing I want to try really could work.

Kim Graham Smith - Her art is at the same time fun and skillful, her facebook feed is hilarious, she brings her fun spirit to events and parties around the Birmingham, AL area, and she uses her considerable talents with art and graphic design to help Birmingham AIDS Outreach in just about every way possible.

Sanspointe Dance Company- I took dance from Michelle for several years before she and Shellie founded Sanspointe. I was always Amazed at her creativity, zest for life and respect for other people's ideas. I highly respect Shellie as a teacher, choreographer and dancer, and she was the impetus behind making sure I could take dance classes at Children's Dance Foundation when I couldn't afford them. I've taken from and danced with many of the choreographers from Sanspointe and they're all unique amazing individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment